Updated: Feb 12
"You gotta put in the work if you want results!" is what you see on social media from one weight loss challenge or fad diet to the other dontcha? They give you a million and one things you need to do to "jump-start" your health for the new year - it's just that easy they say! And the new year is tomorrow! *GASP* What are you going to do?!
- Drink more water.
- Walk more.
- Eat better.
- Workout more.
- Stress less.
- Change your environment.
- Sleep more.
What if doing what you're doing already isn't so bad? Have you ever considered that?
What if your 30 day jump start consisted of just keeping track of what you do to do you and nothing else.
NO FUNKY SHAKES OR PATCHES.
NO DEPRIVING YOURSELF OF THE FOODS YOU LOVE.
NO WORKING OUT FOR HOURS A DAY.
That's right, what if you paid attention to some of this, instead of some of that:
- How much water do you actually drink in a day?
- What kinda steps you getting in everyday?
- What kinds of foods do you eat throughout the day? Does it change if you're tired or stressed? How about if you're working from home or from the office?
- What do you do now for activity? Activity doesn't have to be working out.
- Are you even stressed? If so, what about? The pandemic? Sha. Meet too. Your feelings can be a flight or fight response to your situation which is designed to keep you safe - should you be suppressing it? Let's talk about it.
- Did you know that meditation is accessible through various